Thursday 20 October 2016

Cricketer & Journalist Mike Selvey To Feature in Forthcoming Bowel Cancer Fundraising Book


I am delighted to announce that Mike Selvey has agreed to be part of the new fundraising book I am writing in support of the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. The former England pace bowler is someone I can remember watching on television as a young boy growing up. I find it surprising that he only played in three Test matches. He spent over 20 years as a summariser on Test Match Special and worked as a journalist for The Guardian newspaper for over 30 years. Talking to someone with such an in depth knowledge of cricket will be fascinating. Cricket played a big part in my previous book, Lives & Times, which featured Jonathan Agnew, David Lloyd, Steve Harmison, Michael Holding & Melinda Farrell. I am delighted to continue that trait in the new book.

The new book is being done in memory of my Mum who passed away on August 29th following her four and a half year battle with bowel cancer. The book's aim is to raise funds for the charity, and also to raise awareness about bowel cancer. It remains the 2nd biggest cancer killer in the UK, but is one of the most treatable if detected early with a survival rate of over 90%.

No comments:

Post a Comment