Monday 10 October 2016

Eddie Gray From The Legendary 1970s Leeds Utd Side Will Feature in The New Bowel Cancer Charity Book

.
Eddie Gray was a member of legendary Leeds United team from the 1960s and 1970s. The Scottish winger played over 450 times for them in a long playing career with just the one club. He also managed the club twice and these days is still involved at the club in his role as football ambassador. I have an older brother who is a life long Leeds fan, so I am hoping that getting Eddie to take part will prove popular.

My first ever top flight match was going to see Leeds play Arsenal in a not very exciting 0-0 draw at Elland Road in September 1981. My brother drove us to the game and I remember the day as much for the accident we had in roadworks on the M1 on the way to game. How we got to the game and back home after being clattered from behind is beyond me.

In the last book, Lives & Times, I managed to get footballers Phil Parkes, Mick Channon and Charlie Nicholas on board. This time I already have Kevin Sheedy and Eddie. Still room for at least one more. As with Lives & Times all proceeds raised will be donated to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. The book is being done in memory of my Mum who passed away in August after losing her long four year battle with bowel cancer.



No comments:

Post a Comment