Monday 3 October 2016

Elizabeth Alker From BBC 6 Music Will Feature In The New Bowel Cancer Book


Elizabeth Alker works a music journalist and presenter on BBC 6 Music, and she can also be heard on Radio 3. I tried to get her to be in the last book, Lives & Times, so I am really happy that she has agreed to be in the new bowel cancer fundraising book. Just imagine a job where where you get to talk the biggest names in the music business. She succeeds where I have failed in getting interviews with just about any name you can think of... Will she let me in on the tricks of the trade? Of course I am equally sure that it must be a pretty tough job at times working very long hours to get just a few minutes of material that eventually gets broadcast. I find it quite fascinating, so I am looking forward to finding out a little more about Elizabeth and what she does.

The last month has flown by. My Mum passed away at the end of August after finally losing her 4 year long battle with bowel cancer, and since then I have decided to embark on doing this new book which has already started to build up an impressive cast. The idea behind the book is to raise funds for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity, and and also to raise awareness about bowel cancer. It is the 2nd highest cancer killer in the UK, and yet it can be successfully treated in over 90% of cases if detected early. The more names I can get to come on board the book, the more chance it has of getting a bigger profile and reaching a larger audience. On a personal level doing this book will give me a wonderful positive outlet while I come to terms with losing Mum...




No comments:

Post a Comment