Thursday 6 October 2016

Kevin Sheedy Joining The Forthcoming Book


Ex Everton footballer Kevin Sheedy has kindly agreed to feature in the new fundraising book. Kevin has beaten bowel cancer and he is now an ambassador for Beating Bowel Cancer, the charity I am raising funds for. He is still involved at Everton, now coaching the U18 side. 

Bowel cancer does not discriminate and can affect anyone. England's 1966 World Cup winning captain, Bobby Moore, sadly was taken by this awful illness. In my last book, Live & Times, I met ex West Ham goalkeeper Phil Parkes who had also beaten bowel cancer. I am sure meeting Kevin will be a fascinating experience. The question is can we do the photo on the Goodison Park pitch?

I have a couple more ex professional footballers on my radar at the moment. Arsenal legend Ian Wright and Eddie Gray from the legendary 1970s Leeds United side. So if anyone out there can assist with getting these two on board the new book I'd be very grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment