Tuesday 31 January 2017

John Wetton Loses Bowel Cancer Battle


It was with great sadness today that I learned that musician John Wetton had lost his long battle with bowel cancer. Perhaps best remembered for his time in King Crimson and Asia, John's career spanned 50 years. 

I had hoped that I would be able to get John to take part in the new fundraising book, but I knew his health wasn't good. Although I had no direct contact with John, we followed each other on Twitter and he occasionally supported my efforts especially when Mum was poorly.

Bowel cancer does not discriminate and remains the second highest cancer killer in the UK. Yet if detected early it is one of the most treatable. Much more needs to be done in raising awareness about this awful illness. There are growing calls for the age of bowel cancer screening in England, Wales & N.Ireland to be reduced from 60 to 50, to bring it into line with Scotland.

RIP John Wetton.

No comments:

Post a Comment