Wednesday 11 January 2017

Poet Ian McMillan To Feature in the New Bowel Cancer Charity Book


More good book news today as Ian McMillian, broadcaster and poet, has agreed to be in the book. I heard a really interesting and entertaining interview with him on the Radcliffe & Maconie show on BBC 6 Music before Christmas prompting me to make contact. Ian lives in South Yorkshire so it's likely I shall be heading up there in the coming months to meet him and do the photograph.

There are now approaching 40 people on board the new book, and to date I have photographed 3 of them, which means that 2017 is going to be a busy year meeting and photographing people. I would still like to get the amount of people to above 50, and the response to date has been amazing. I am very thankful to Ian and the many others on board the forthcoming book for their support.

The book is supporting the Beating Bowel Cancer charity, with all proceeds raised from sales donated to the charity. My Mum passed away last year following a 4 year brave and courageous battle with this awful illness. My other books and artwork are available to purchase on my www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk website and over £3000 has been raised so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment