Tuesday 25 April 2017

David Baddiel in fundraising book for Beating Bowel Cancer


Last night I went to see David Baddiel in his one man show, "My Family Not The Sitcom", at The Playhouse Theatre in London. It was one of the funniest nights out I have had in a very long time. It focuses mainly on David's relationship with his late mother, and his father who suffers from a form on dementia. I would highly recommend it as a fantastic night out. Here I am outside the venue with the Beating Bowel Cancer tie.


Back in March David had very kindly agreed to be in my new bowel cancer fundraising book at very short notice. I met him after his performance of his show at a warm up performance at Norden Farm in Maidenhead. Unfortunately I didn't have a ticket for the show, so I went along afterwards and we met on the stage in the now empty auditorium, which made for a fantastic photo opportunity. As well as doing the photo for the book, David also was happy to have his photo taken with the bowel cancer tie for the Follow The Bowel Cancer Tie Facebook raising awareness page. I can't thank David enough for his support and his generous invitation for me to go and see the show.

Bowel cancer is the second highest cancer killer in the UK taking 16,000 lives each year. If detected early it is one of the most treatable in over 90% of cases. All proceeds from sales of the book will be donated to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity and it's the follow up to 2015's Lives & Times, which has so far raised over £3000... My Mum lost her 4 year battle with this awful illness last August, and the new book is being done in her memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment