Wednesday 12 April 2017

Television Presenter Sian Lloyd To Feature in Bowel Cancer Fundraising Book


I am really happy to reveal that television presenter Sian Lloyd has agreed to be in the bowel cancer fundraising book. I saw the above photo on the Beating Bowel Cancer twitter feed supporting April Bowel Cancer Awareness Month, so I sent a request which Sian very quickly replied to with a positive answer. These days she travels a lot for her work on American TV, so we are possibly looking at a couple of windows to meet up in a few weeks time.

Raising awareness about bowel cancer is so so important. I remember when I published my first fundraising book, Beating Bowel Cancer, in 2012 and not fully appreciating this. After the initial sales surge dropped off I felt a little disappointed - that was until the charity pointed out the importance of raising awareness and the role the book was playing doing just that. The follow up book Lives & Times has also, not only raised funds for the charity, but helped raise awareness. It is now something that I just keep on going on about trying to get the message spread far and wide. It's still a subject that people don't like talking about, which is something that still needs to improve.

Bowel cancer is the 2nd biggest cancer killer in the UK with 16,000 lives lost each year to it. 41,000 people are diagnosed with it every year. If diagnosed early it can be successfully treated in over 90% of cases. It is predominantly an illness that affects the over 60s, but more and more young people are being diagnosed. This year there is a big focus on getting the screening age in England, Wales and Northern Ireland reduced from 60 to 50. Please sign the petition here.

My Mum passed away last year after a brave and dignified 4 year battle with this awful illness. Please take a look at my www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk website to see all the items that I am currently selling to raise funds for the charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment