Tuesday 30 May 2017

Freya North To Feature In Forthcoming Bowel Cancer Fundraising Book


For those who have read my last book, Lives & Times, you will know that I met and photographed author Freya North, before we both went to a Charlatans concert at The Roundhouse in 2015. Freya has sent me this great photo of her with Tim Burgess from The Charlatans at their recent gig at Rough Trade, to promote their new album in London. The very good news is that Freya has very kindly agreed to be in the new book, which I am calling The Record - in fact she has already revealed her first record to me, and it's a corker! Freya is an Ambassador of Beating Bowel Cancer and has been a great supporter of the charity and to me and my fundraising. So I will have to come up with a different photo idea for this book.

All proceeds raised from sales of The Record will be donated to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. My mother passed away in 2016 after fighting bowel cancer for over 4 years, and Freya lost a dear friend, Hannah Berry, to bowel cancer in 2013. The aim of the book is to also help raise awareness about this awful disease, which is the 2nd highest cancer killer in the UK - yet if detected early it is successfully treated in over 90% of cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment