Sunday 15 October 2017

New Model Army On Board Bowel Cancer Charity Book


I have been after Justin Sullivan & New Model Army for the last year or so for the new bowel cancer charity book, and I've had to wait for a convenient gig to crop up. The band are playing in London in December, and although, understandably, they will be far too busy for me to meet them on the night, they have kindly given me a photo pass, and allowed me to ask Justin a few questions. I'm looking forward to this one, and wonder if they will play their debut single 'Bittersweet', which I bought way back in 1983, and still have in my collection.

All proceeds from sales of this book will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer. My Mum was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2012, and died in August 2016 just a few days after 80th birthday. The cancer had spread from her bowel to her lungs, and then finally to her brain. Bowel cancer is the second highest cancer killer in the UK claiming 16,000 lives each year. However, if detected early it can be successfully treated in over 90% of cases. Much more needs to be done in raising awareness about this awful disease, and improving early diagnosis rates.

No comments:

Post a Comment